Syniadau
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's a pub without beer?

3 posters

Go down

What's a pub without beer? Empty What's a pub without beer?

Post  MH Tue 10 Mar 2009 - 5:49

We all have our favourite beers. For me, one of the nicest is Double Dragon from Felinfoel (cask, of course). My great Aunt lived very close to the brewery, and I can still remember the rather pungent smell that sometimes wafted over if we came over from Dafen on the wrong day. Fortunately the end product consistently smells and tastes much better.

What's a pub without beer? Felinfoel

It was a source of some pride that Felinfoel was the first company to put beer in cans ... at least that's what everyone told me when I was growing up. It turns out that the Americans actually did it first, but that Felinfoel was the first to do it on this side of the pond.

What's a pub without beer? Can1 What's a pub without beer? Can2 What's a pub without beer? Can4 What's a pub without beer? Can5

There's a history of the brewery here.

The Felinfoel Brewery Company Ltd

One of the nicest surprises when I lived in America was to find a liquor store that sold it. I lost count of how many parties I took it to.
MH
MH

Back to top Go down

What's a pub without beer? Empty Re: What's a pub without beer?

Post  Draig32 Fri 13 Mar 2009 - 22:06

Are you sure the stuff in those cans was Beer? Looks suspiciously like something like something my grandad used to put in his tractor... ;-)

But for the record, I'm currently a Tomos Watkin man.

Draig32

Back to top Go down

Post  JD Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 15:05

I'm amused by the lengths they went to to put a crown cap on those cans (they really don't look cheap to make!). Anyone have any idea when the ring-pull was invented?

But for me, it has to be Hancocks HB.

JD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum