Central Flying School RAAF

Go down

Central Flying School RAAF Empty Central Flying School RAAF

Post  tungduong_9102 on Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 13:19

The Central Flying School RAAF is a Royal Australian Air Force training establishment, based at RAAF Base East Sale. It was formed in March 1913, and during the First World War it trained over 150 pilots, who fought in Europe and the Middle East.

After the First World War the unit was disbanded, only to be reformed in 1940, after which it was moved to New South Wales. During the Second World War the unit produced more than 3,600 instructors. After the war, the unit was moved back to RAAF Base East Sale.

From 1962 the unit was responsible for producing the RAAFs aerobatic display teams. The first formed was a team of four, called "The Red Sales", flying De Havilland Vampire jet aircraft. A second team, "The Telstars" was formed in 1963 also flying Vampires. In April 1968, just after the unit took delivery of new Macchi MB326H jet aircraft, The Telstars were disbanded due to a reduction in display flying.

In 1970 a third team, "The Roulettes", was formed, flying the Macchi MB326H. The Roulettes continued flying the Macchi until 1989 when they changed to Pilatus PC-9 aircraft.

Hot Sale Prom Dresses
pen and paper

tungduong_9102

Posts : 230
Join date : 2010-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum